Welcome to Newport, Rhode Island, a coastal haven known for its breathtaking scenery, historic mansions, and vibrant maritime culture. If you're planning a day trip or vacation here, chartering a boat is an excellent way to experience the charm and natural beauty of this coastal gem. In this blog post, we will guide you through the top things to do when chartering a boat in Newport, with special emphasis on visiting Block Island and Mackerel Cove for swimming. Plus, we'll introduce you to one of the most popular day charter boats, the Axopar 37. Let's set sail and explore!
1. Discover Block Island: Block Island, located just 12 miles off the coast of Rhode Island, is a true hidden gem and a must-visit destination. Hop aboard your charter boat and embark on a scenic journey to this enchanting island. The pristine beaches, rolling green hills, and stunning cliffs make it a perfect spot for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers alike. Spend the day exploring its picturesque villages, hiking trails, and iconic lighthouses. Don't forget to indulge in delicious local seafood at one of the island's charming restaurants.
2. Dive into Mackerel Cove: Known for its crystal-clear waters and peaceful atmosphere, Mackerel Cove is a coastal paradise that should not be missed. Drop anchor and dive right into the refreshing Atlantic waters. Snorkeling enthusiasts will be delighted by the diverse marine life and vibrant underwater world that awaits them. If you prefer a more relaxed experience, simply bask in the sun on the sandy beach or enjoy a leisurely stroll along the coastline. Mackerel Cove is the epitome of serenity and natural beauty.
3. The Axopar 37: A Premier Day Charter Boat: When it comes to choosing the perfect charter boat, the Axopar 37 stands out as a top choice. Renowned for its sleek design, excellent performance, and luxurious amenities, this vessel offers an unforgettable boating experience. With spacious seating areas, a well-equipped kitchenette, and a sunbed at the bow, you'll have plenty of room to relax and soak up the sun. The Axopar 37 is perfect for day trips, accommodating up to ten passengers, and its exceptional handling makes cruising a breeze.
4. Admire the Newport Mansions from the Water: Newport is famous for its opulent mansions, which were once summer residences for the wealthiest families in the country. Chartering a boat provides a unique perspective from which to admire these architectural marvels. Cruise along the coastline and marvel at the stunning Gilded Age estates, such as The Breakers and Marble House, as they come into view. It's a fantastic opportunity to gain insight into the lavish lifestyle of the bygone era.
5. Enjoy Water Sports and Fishing: If you're seeking a bit of adventure, chartering a boat in Newport opens up a world of water sports and fishing opportunities. From jet skiing and wakeboarding to paddleboarding and kayaking, there's an activity for everyone. Newport is also known for its excellent fishing, so cast your line and try your luck at reeling in striped bass, bluefish, or flounder. Whether you're an experienced angler or a first-time adventurer, the waters of Newport offer endless excitement.
6. Sunset Cruises and Dolphin Watching: As the day draws to a close, treat yourself to a sunset cruise along the Newport coastline. Witness the sky ablaze with vibrant hues and the sun setting over the Atlantic horizon—a truly magical experience. Keep an eye out for playful dolphins dancing through the waves, a common sight on these waters. Nothing beats the tranquility and beauty of a Newport sunset cruise, an idyllic way to end a day filled with unforgettable moments.
Chartering a boat in Newport, RI is an exceptional way to explore the coastal wonders and create lasting memories. From the enchanting Block Island to the serene waters of Mackerel Cove, there is something for everyone. And when it comes to the perfect charter boat, the Axopar 37 ensures a luxurious and comfortable experience. So, set sail and immerse yourself in the natural beauty, history, and adventure that Newport has to offer. Bon voyage!