Safety, Comfort & Fun
Here are a few tips to make your sure private charter is safe, comfortable and a lot of fun!!!
- Items to budget for on top of the boat cost are: captain, fuel, food and drink.
- Going rate in the Newport RI area for a licensed captain is between $250-$350/day, plus tip.
- Fuel can be easily estimated depending on the yacht you choose. For a rough approximate, fuel will be about $100 if you stay local in the bay and about $200 if you head over to Block Island for the day.
- Food & Drink can either be catered or you can pack your own picnic for the day.
- The boat is outfitted with all required safety gear and a lot more. For example our Axopar 37 also includes a life raft and epirb. Ask your captain to bring you through all of the safety gear when you begin your charter. Remember, all children under the age of 13 when under way on a vessel under 65 ft unless below decks must wear an approved life jacket.
- Check the weather and plan accordingly.
- Talk with your captain the day before, he/she will have the most experience on the water and will help recommend any tips for your private charter.
- Don't forget to pack:
- Bathing suit (lots of places to go swimming)
- Snacks (or full lunch if you plan to picnic on boat)
- There is a lot of toys on all of the boats, like paddleboards, snorkels, floats ... everything you need to drop anchor in a nice private cove or swim into a sandy beach.
Lastly, we ask that you don't bring anything that could stain the fabric inside the cabin, like red wine, but welcome you to bring any and all other provisions to enjoy a day on your boat.